Carlo Ancelotti confirms Cristiano Ronaldo will play for Real Madrid vs Schalke
The Italian manager confirmed that “Jesé, Morata and Cristiano Ronaldo will start” up front and analysed tomorrow's game in the Santiago Bernabéu: “The team is fine and playing well against Schalke is the best way to prepare for the Clásico. We are excited and keen to play well because it is a Champions League match and we must maintain the team's good form”.
About Opposition: “We have to respect the opposition and the competition. We will make some changes because Saturday's match was hard work and we have to recover properly. Some players will be tired tomorrow and will therefore not play”.
“Jesé will start, as will Morata and Cristiano Ronaldo. Jesé is lucky to be with me here today because my first appearance before the press in the European Cup was at 30 years of age”.
About Benzema's injury: “He can't play tomorrow, but he is recovering and we are confident that he will be back for Sunday. He is a very important player, as he is playing very well but he picked up a knock and we are going to wait for him to recover. We are lucky to be able to replace him if he can't play”.
The Italian also spoke about Isco's position:
“If I don't change my mind, Isco will play. He has to get used to that position, above all the defensive side of it, and we are training in that position. Both he and I are confident he can do well there”.
About Sunday's Clasico and his future: “I have always thought that Barcelona is a strong team. Everyone thinks that and they have sorted out the problems they had when they did not win certain matches. It will be a very balanced game”.
“It is a difficult question to answer. I am very happy to be here and doing so well. Managers always depend on results, that is normal in football nowadays”.
The closest title: La Liga, the cup or the Champions League.
The closest title: La Liga, the cup or the Champions League.
“In La Liga we have a small advantage that we do not have in the Copa del Rey or the Champions League”.
About Madrid's Squad: “It is difficult to compare because I have had some quality squads, but I am very happy because here I have a little of everything: experience, youth, quality, character and personality. It is the most complete squad in that sense”.
Here is what Jese said about the upcoming match against Schalke: "We are approaching the match as we always do. Our mentality is to win and to focus. We are only thinking about Schalke, which is the important thing now, and sealing qualification”.
Team's performance and his chances
“We have improved both in defense and attack. We defend well and attack well. We concede few goals and score a lot. That is important. We have also improved on the ball”.
"My goal is to make the most of the opportunities i am given. Its my first year at Real Madrid and i would have accepted here at the start of the year".
His Role in the team
“It is secondary because there are great players who are playing really well. My goal is to make the most of the opportunities I am given. It is my first year at Real Madrid and I would have accepted being here at the start of the season”.
“When you get to the first squad at Real Madrid you are only thinking about learning tonnes. I have learnt so many things from my teammates, from Zidane, from Ancelotti…”.
“When you get to the first squad at Real Madrid you are only thinking about learning tonnes. I have learnt so many things from my teammates, from Zidane, from Ancelotti…”.
Cristiano Ronaldo's stats
“It is spectacular but I am not surprised because he is a great professional. He shows it day in day out and he will undoubtedly achieve more. He is a unique player, and I have learnt a lot from him, above all his professionalism. Cristiano Ronaldo is Cristiano Ronaldo and I am me, we are different”.

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment